Big Local


Minutes for Meeting Held Monday
15th June 2015 at 20:00 until 22:00 at Brookside Central


Tina Rogers, Stuart Parr, Steve Thayne, Arnold England, Sarah Durnall, Leigh
Ricketts, Gillian Bailey, Helen Fairweather, Fiona Moore, Elaine Vinters, James
Loveridge and Nicola Anderson.


John from Telford Bikes, Rob Bennett and David Ottely.


from the meeting held on 11th May were aproved following these listed

  • Parish
    Council Meeting to be held on 23rd June rather than 24th June.


agreed having a to do list.


and Capacity Audit was facilitated
each present member chose a skill number (1-7) and filled in talk sheets where
ideas were written for the skills and knowledge and our individual rating for
our strengths and weaknesses for these required skills. This will help with
future training and where the group might need more help. This conversation has
to be added to the next BBL agenda for further discussion.


It was
discussed for a monthly business and finance meeting to be created where
focus on  the groups ethics, stategies, issues could be discussed in a closed


A community
forum to be organised for invited residents
to find information, raise
issues or concerns about the community will be separate. There are 14 streets
and it was suggested that we initially try with Briarwood on the 6th July at
19:00 until 20:00. Meetings will be co-ordinated by  Brookside Big Local
members with CSO and elected officials being present. Nicola to talk with Leigh
Ricketts for pointers and to organise the cafe with the help of Sarah. Meeting
with Leigh notes to follow.


is purely to empower residents whilst involving residents to be take
responsibility. The Celebrate Brookside on the 27th June will also be a chance
for locals to hear about the work that BBL and representatives are currently
doing to enable residents to be educated whilst nurturing them.


enterprises are currently being discussed; help for people with learning
difficulties, difficulty of hearing issues that impact with the community, over
1,000 people currently impacted within our community. Art projects for the
young who self harm is in the early stages with the aim to help people find out
what they’re good at. These are continual projects in the community for the


Media and Communication

helping businesses though will be discussed at the next BBL meeting on the 13th


Community Chest
discussed, a sheet was handed out informing all present of the current
applications. It was agreed that the Community Chest applications will be
continued after the deadline of 26th June. It was decided to add this to the
next meeting agenda.


Agreement between Brookside Big Local Partnership and Stirchley and Brookside
Parish Council
agreed in principle, with the Parish Council agreeing to recruit a staff member
to become a Volunteer Support Administrator. The group found this offer very
generous. This role could be expanded as projects increase.


Events –
27th Grand opening, where information will be available for residents, Tina,
Angie, Sarah, Jackie Loveridge and Arnold will be in attendance and goody bags
will be available for residents. There will be a stall, banner, journey board
and the chance to talk about the Community Forum Springboard on July 6th.
Fireworks and possible bonfire in the wind through input from The Police and
Fire service will be required for the bonfire.




  • Nicola
    to meet with Leigh Ricketts to discuss ideas for Comunity Forum on July
    6th – Done Notes to Follow
  • Nicola
    to discuss with Angie if the Cafe could be open for the hour 19:00 and
  • Nicola
    to inform Sarah should flipboards be required.
  • Stuart
    and Tina to attend the Community Forum.
  • Nicola
    to work on Flyer for this event, 150 and to help deliver it around
    Briarwood. Though due to time constraints etc, this will be reviewed after
    Saturdays Opening.
  • Fiona
    has a form to email Gillian about the Ethics Subgroup.